FREE MENTAL HEALTH TRAINING - NEW DATES ADDED
The Ewanrigg Local Trust are currently offering Youth MHFA Two Day courses resulting in participants becoming Youth Mental Health First Aiders.
Youth Mental Health First Aiders have:
- An in depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect well-being
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help sites, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate
- Ability to support a young person with a long term mental health issue or disability to thrive
- Tools to look after your own mental wellbeing
NEXT COURSE: Monday 14 & Monday 21 May from 9am - 5pm at Ewanrigg Community Centre. Both days are compulsory.
OR you can split it over 4 half days in June. Dates as follows.
Tuesday June 5, 12, 19 & 26 June from 2pm - 4.30pm at Ewanrigg Community Centre.
These courses are free (for a limited time only) and they are suitable for anyone who works, lives or comes into contact with young people aged 8 – 18.
Comments from previous students:
"A fantastically informatve course, dealing with such an important topic in a very engaging and sensitive way."
"I think everyone should have an opportunity to engage in this course. It changes things!"